About Taiwan Film Festival UK & Nordic
We are Boating Island, a collective aiming to make the uncensored voice of the Taiwanese cinema heard in the world. Its free approach to storytelling which can often surprise and delight audiences and subvert the expectations of Mandarin language cinephiles.
We organise Taiwan Film Festival in the UK and Nordic countries to showcase the talented and distinct cinematic voice of Taiwan through a programme of classic and new independent films. These events also provide opportunities for Taiwanese filmmakers and producers to showcase their works to UK and Nordic distributors.
Our website also includes in-depth articles focusing on the history and the development of the Taiwanese cinema, specially-curated by filmmakers for film lovers.
With You Here We Are
Taiwan Film Festival’s Journey in the UK & Nordic countries
UK Pre Launch 2018
- Student Journalist Prize
- Film Taiwan Webzine
Taiwan Film Festival Iceland 2019
- IDNO x Bio Paradis x StockFish Film Festival
Taiwan Film Festival UK 2019
- Tsai Ming-Liang x Lee Kang-sheng @ Tate Modern
- Specially-designed pop-up cinema with HTC’s world-class Theatre Management System (TMS)
- Partnered with: Bertha DocHouse & Birds Eye View
- Venue: Curzon Cinemas (Curzon Soho & Curzon Bloomsbury)
Taiwan Film Festival UK 2020
- Royal College of Arts- Film Night Series: Chen Chieh-Jen
- Slade University of London- Contemporary Art Lecture: Chen Chieh-Jen
- Chen Chieh-Jen: Reverberations @ Tate Modern
Exchange Stories in Taiwan
Since July 2020
Taiwan Film Festival 2020
- Partnered with: Taiwan Film & Audiovisual Institute, TaiwanDocs, Boating Island Ltd.
- Venue：Rio Cinema, Rio Player Online
Gathering the storytellers, collecting images and sounds, sharing with you all…
Taiwan Film Festival in the UK and Nordic countries is drawing the narrative map.
Hope this map will lead us to you.
- African Art Book Fair, Salone Satellite in the Biennale of Dakar, 2016
- Murmures et Visions , Collective exhibition in Paris, 2016