Film Festivals in Taiwan
Katthveli – FilmTaiwan
Katthveli – FilmTaiwan is an online magazine inviting Taiwanese writers, artists and creators from different generations to talk about Taiwanese films from their professional points of view, creating a platform for them to connect with European film critics who can also provide other thoughts on Taiwanese films.
Matching the rhythm of the seasons in nature, the first four issues of Katthveli are going to run over a year, inspired by the 24 solar terms: Cold Dew – Winter Solstice, Slight Cold – Spring Equinox, Pure Brightness – Summer Solstice, Slight Heat – Autumnal Equinox.
From late autumn to early winter, nature quietens in preparation for a long winter rest. In launching the magazine during this period, we hope that we can slowly prepare, start sprouting, and gradually grow.
- Golden Horse Awards - Earlier than the Golden Rooster and Hundred Flowers Film Festival in China and the Hong Kong Film Awards, the Golden Horse Film Festival and Awards was founded in 1962, with… Continue Reading
- Kaohsiung Film Festival - The Kaohsiung Film Festival (hereinafter KFF), a city film festival organised by the Information Bureau of Kaohsiung City Government, was founded in 2001. Second only to the Golden Horse Film… Continue Reading
- Taiwan International Documentary Festival - The Taiwan International Documentary Festival (TIDF), originally named as Taiwan International Documentary Biennale, was founded in 1998. Continue Reading
- Taipei Film Festival - Once organised by the China Times Group, the inaugural award portion of Taipei Film Festival (hereinafter TFF), China Times Express Film Awards, was held in 1988, the same year as… Continue Reading
- Observations on the Current Status of Golden Horse Awards - At the award ceremony of the 55th Taipei Golden Horse Film Festival (TGHFF) on 17th November 2018, Taiwanese filmmaker Fu Yue, winner of the best documentary award with her work… Continue Reading